Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Winter Favourites


Hey guys!

Winter is soon coming to an end (fingers crossed), so today I wanted to share some of the things I've been loving the past few months. Though chances are, with the Canadian weather, that I've still got several more weeks of miserable cold and snow. 
At least the sun is out today! Let's get started.


First up, are a couple of candles from Bath & Body Works. I'd never been that big into candles before now, but I was at the mall one day and Bath & Body Works was have a big sale while all their winter scents were out, so I went in to have a look. I think I probably sniffed a couple dozen different candles, some lovely some not so much, and finally decided on three. Two of them I really liked, the third (Apple Garland) smells lovely on it's own, but I find it doesn't give off much of a scent while it's burning, but maybe that's just my nose. Here are the two I loved:

Snow Day is a great Christmas/ general winter scent, that I would describe as minty-vanilla. I love this candle; it smells sooo good and my boyfriend likes it too! It fills our apartment with deliciousness and makes me crave something sweet. 

Black Tie isn't one of Bath & Body Works winter scents, I think it's out all year round (I might be wrong), but it's more of a night-time scent in my opinion. Although I've definitely burnt it during the day because I just love the way it smells. I would describe it as 'sexy man scented.' That's it. That's what I think of when I give it a sniff haha. I couldn't tell you what "notes" are in it (are there notes in scents? Or is that just wine and liquor?), I'd say kind of perfume/cologne-y. But basically, delicious, in a sexy kind of way. The boyfriend isn't as big of a fan of this one .. maybe he's just jealous ;)


Next up, a couple skincare items. In the winter my skin gets really dry and dull (doesn't everyone's?) and these products have really helped me out!

 Vasanti: Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (mouth full) was recommended to me by Ande, a beauty blogger at thebeautyblog.ca. I needed a really good exfoliator and I kept buying ones that did absolutely nothing. This one works great! It really feels like it's doing its job and I can see that it's doing its job. My skin definitely looks brighter and less dull, it's smoother and I'm getting less blemishes due to clogged pores (gross).

I just spray it on after cleansing my face and before applying moisturizer. Now my skin is clear!
LUSH Tea Tree Water is my saviour! For the last two or so years my skin was having a slight freak out. I don't know what caused it, but I was constantly breaking out on my cheeks and chin, occasionally on my forehead, and it was very, very annoying. I'd never really had that many problems with my skin before, even though it is oily. But all of a sudden it decided to declare war on itself and have a connip-shit. Then one day I went into LUSH and saw this magical little potion. I'd heard good things about tea tree oils/waters etc. So I decided to give it a try. And I'm never letting it go.


*Another handy tip: Before Cuba I had some blemishes on my back. I sprayed some of the tea tree water on a cotton pad, swiped it over my blemishes and the next day the were reduced a lot and gone in a couple days!*



 I got the Body Shop Olive Beautifying Oil as a Christmas gift from my sister (along with a body butter and body scrub, also great) and my first thought was, "olive?" I didn't expect it to smell the way it does. It smells so good; not too strong, and quite fresh. I haven't tried it on my face or hair yet, but I love oiling up (ew, let's not use that phrase again) after a shower. It's helped with my hapless, wintery, dry skin and leaves me smelling great :) One down side, or rather something I had to get used to, was that it does leave you a bit sticky for a while after you rub it on. Not too long, but longer than a normal lotion.


 I'm loving the Rimmel Match Perfection blush in 002 Light/Medium. I bought this before my trip to Cuba and loved it in the summer weather as well as winter. I usually mix the two darker shades together and I like using it as a kind of blush/contour hybrid. All three make a nice rosy-ish shade. I think the idea is to blend it however you like to complement your skin tone. It's buildable as well, so you can have a more natural, or bolder look to suit your style.


That's it for my favourites this time around! 
Have you tried any of these? Any favourites of your own that you'd like to recommend? Leave a comment below!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment